Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Snacks Recipes » Keto Chicken Jalapeno Poppers Recipe [Dairy-Free, Low Carb, Paleo]
Keto Chicken Jalapeno Poppers Recipe [Dairy-Free, Low Carb, Paleo]
Whether you’re cooking up a storm for March Madness or you’re trying to feed hungry teenagers, this keto chicken jalapeno poppers recipe is the perfect little snack. Make sure you adjust the recipe accordingly if you’re expecting a larger group.
Working With Jalapeno Peppers
Whether you’re a jalapeno novice or you’re looking for better ways to avoid the burn, there are some tips I’ve figured out that might help you.
- Wear gloves. You’ll need to remove the seeds for this recipe, and keeping a layer between your skin and the peppers is a very smart idea.
- Be mindful of your hands. Even with gloves on, you might forget what you’re doing and go to rub your eye or scratch your arm. Don’t.
- Make sure you get all of the seeds and remove the white part of the inside of the pepper. That, ladies and gents, is the super hot part. You don’t want to eat that, so you can use a small knife or spoon to get in there and clean it out.
- Wash thoroughly. Once you’re done handling the peppers spend some quality time at the sink washing the juices off your hands.
Better Than Store Bought
You’ll notice this recipe only has three ingredients. So few you can count them on one hand.
Now, check out the list of ingredients on a store bought package of pepper poppers. Chances are good you’ll run out of fingers and toes to count on before you’re a quarter of the way through the list.
Suffice to say, there’s a lot of junk in store-bought appetizers that don’t need to be there. Most restaurants are no better. Feel free to enjoy this healthy keto chicken jalapeno poppers recipe anytime – and be sure to make enough for company!
For a more traditional breaded jalapeno popper, check out this recipe.
- 1 chicken breast (1/2 lb or 225 g), cut into 6 strips
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 jalapeño peppers, ribs and seeds removed and sliced in half
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Place one jalapeno half onto a strip of chicken and wrap with bacon. Place, folded ends down, on lined tray.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, peppers and bacon.
- Bake for around 50 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through and bacon is slightly crispy.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 22 g