Chili often contains meat, which is acceptable for keto. This chili features chicken and also includes bacon.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of avocado oil, to cook with
- 2 lbs (900 g) of ground chicken
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 10 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 chili peppers, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can (85 g) of tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons (6 g) of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced or finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons (2 g) of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the avocado oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken, diced bacon, and diced onion and sauté until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, and optional chili peppers to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and chili powder to the pot. Cover and cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add the garlic and fresh cilantro to the pot. Continue to cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g