A classic carrot cake cupcake, Keto-style
For the cupcakes –
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 2 carrots (150 g), shredded and liquid squeezed out
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 g) of almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) flax meal
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (59 g) walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
For the frosting –
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cashew cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil
- Erythritol or stevia (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the topping –
- Small handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons of shredded carrot
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all the cupcake ingredients together.
- Pour into cupcake molds (makes approx. 12 cupcakes)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by blending all the ingredients together (don’t melt any of the ingredients – just keep them at room temperature and blend them and if it gets too liquidy, then refrigerate them for a bit to let it solidify more). Spread on top of the cupcakes once they’re cooled. Top with leftover chopped walnuts and shredded carrots.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g