A rich stew that is sure to please anyone who takes a bowl.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil
- 2 lbs (900 g) beef stew chunks, chopped into small pieces
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 4 cups (960 ml) bone broth
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 4 oz (112 g) green beans, diced (approx. 20 green beans)
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add avocado oil to a large pot on high heat and brown the beef stew chunks in the oil.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the bacon) to a large pot. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the bacon until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes, and add to the stew.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g.
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 507
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 27 g