Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good appetizer? Whether you’re entertaining guests or you want a tasty snack, this keto buffalo cauliflower bites recipe takes this veggie to the next level.
Check out this post for other keto snacks recipes. And if you’re looking for a dip to go with your snacks, try this keto hummus recipe with cauliflower and tahini recipe.
Cauliflower: A Rising Star
If you’re finding yourself eating more cauliflower these days, you’re not alone. With so many people cutting carbs out of their diets, many needed foods to fill the void that white flour and pasta had left behind. And along came cauliflower.
It’s always been around, but its role has been something of a backup singer. The same mild taste that once left this veggie forgotten has become one of its greatest attributes.
All kinds of recipes are using it as a canvas to add all kinds of flavors – in the case of this recipe, buffalo. It truly is a handy tool that can take on all sorts of tastes successfully, from spicy hot sauce to a tangy sweet-and-sour sauce. Flavor it with seasonings, add some sauce, and have fun experimenting with different preparation techniques.
Time Magazine even featured humble cauliflower in 2017, calling it “The New ‘It’ Vegetable“. The article highlights how cauliflower has risen to fame and earned menu status at some of America’s most revered restaurants.
If you haven’t caught onto the cauliflower craze, chances are you will after tasting this keto buffalo cauliflower bites recipe!
- 1 head of cauliflower (600 g), broken into small florets
- 3 Tablespoons of avocado oil (45 ml)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g) or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of ghee (30 ml), melted
- 1/4-1/3 cup (60 – 78 ml) hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the avocado oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the mixture.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee and combine with the hot sauce.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the hot sauce mixture and bake for another 5-10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve with ranch dressing or enjoy by itself.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g