Keto Broccoli Tots with Ranch Dressing
“Tater Tots” are getting a makeover! Goodbye starchy potatoes, hello fresh and healthy broccoli. These Keto broccoli tots are reinventing a snack-time favorite. Gone are the heavy dense potato blobs and in their place are flavorful, tender broccoli balls with a tangy Keto-friendly ranch dressing. No more greasy crust either, our broccoli tots are oven-baked, perfectly crispy with just the right amount seasoning. Once you taste them, you won’t go back!
What’s the Deal with Tater Tots?
Tater Tots were invented in 1953 by Ore-Ida, the American potato-based frozen-food company. They are wildly popular with Americans consuming over 70 million pounds of Tater Tots a year.
Our Keto version of this all-American favorite uses broccoli in place of the traditional potatoes, which are a big no-no if you’re avoiding carbs. Broccoli isn’t only a tasty potato substitute, it’s also packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Specific antioxidants present in broccoli have been linked to lower cholesterol and better blood sugar management for people with diabetes [1, 2, 3].
Switch up Your Sauces
Ranch is all very well and good for some people, but everyone likes something different in my house. Why not serve your broccoli tots with a variety of sauces? That way, everyone can find something they like.
- Easy Keto Tomato Ketchup – Ketchup and potatoes are a classic pairing for a reason. My dad eats ketchup with everything and this low-carb version pairs perfectly with these broccoli tots.
- Keto Faux French Onion Dip – Sometimes you’re craving something creamy and savory to go dip your snacks in. This Keto version has none of the additives in a commercial dip, just pure tasty ingredients like browned onions and avocado oil mayo. If you can’t find olive oil mayo at the store, you can also make your own.
- Keto Mayo – Not only can you use this super simple mayo recipe to make the faux French onion dip above, but you can also make my favorite simple dipping sauce, mayo with hot sauce. It’s creamy and tangy and absolutely perfect if you like a little spice in your sauce.
- Keto BBQ Sauce – I couldn’t have a list of condiments without including BBQ sauce. My brother likes to dip his French fries in classic Kansas City-Style sauce.
Or check out more Keto condiments!
No Potatoes? No Problem!
Just because potatoes are out, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Keto versions of your favorite potato dishes.
These broccoli tots are crunchy and tender.
- 1 broccoli, broken into florets
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup (60 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) flax meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Keto ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Add 2 Tablespoons salt to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Add in the broccoli and parboil for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and chop the broccoli well.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until the mixture starts sticking together.
- Form small tots from the mixture and place onto a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Dip into the ranch dressing.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g