Add a little variety – and a lot of nutrients – to your coleslaw game with this recipe.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 red cabbage
- ½ cup flaked almonds
For the dressing:
- To make the avocado mayo dressing, halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out in to the jug of a food processor. Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and blend for 1 minute until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste and add extra seasoning or apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Remove the ends from the carrot and grate using a grater. Add to a large bowl.
- Finely slice the red cabbage and add to the bowl.
- Chop off the stalk from the broccoli and either grate or blitz in the food processor to roughly chop it. Add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the florets of the broccoli and add to the bowl.
- Add the almonds and avocado mayo to the bowl and toss well to combine.
- Serve with a few extra flaked almonds sprinkled on the top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 11 g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 8 g