Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipe
This Keto breakfast casserole is perfect for a Saturday morning or a Sunday brunch. It’s full of savory sausage and moist zucchini. Make it for a crowd on the weekend or cook one up on Sunday to enjoy for breakfast for the rest of the week. However you serve it, this casserole is sure to be a hit.
Choosing Your Sausage
Breakfast sausage might seem like the obvious choice but there is no need to limit yourself. You can use leftovers, whatever sausage you have on hand or check out the list below for some ideas. Just remember to keep an eye on the nutritional values.
- Italian Sausage – A classic, leftover Italian sausage from dinner can easily become breakfast the next day.
- Chorizo Sausage – Add some Spanish spice to your breakfast casserole, a little chorizo goes a long way so try mixing it with another type of sausage.
- Turkey Sausage – Switch it up with some turkey sausage, if your family isn’t convinced yet this a great recipe to convert them turkey sausage lovers.
- Or try this recipe to make your own Keto sausage patties.
If you like sausage, check out more Keto sausage recipes.
One Recipe, Endless Casserole Variations
Casseroles are great because with the same basic template, you can make hundreds of variations. Everyone has their favorite in my family and I’m sure yours will too. Be mindful of the nutritional values if you substitute but don’t be afraid to go for bold flavors, eggs and coconut cream are the perfect canvas for your masterpiece.
- Go Tex-Mex with jalapeños, chopped bell pepper, and tomato.
- Add your own twist on a French classic, Quiche Lorraine, with bacon, onions, leeks, and mushrooms.
- Go California-style with a spoonful of mashed avocado and lime on the side.
- Go down south to Louisiana, with bell peppers, celery, and onion, with some Cajun spice mix.
- Or try my dad’s favorite breakfast casserole, with bacon, ham, spinach, and onions, sprinkled with paprika on top.
A Keto Brunch
This casserole is a filling breakfast on its own, but why not make it the centerpiece in a lavish Keto brunch. The trick to any good men is variation. When I make a brunch menu I always try to include something savory, something sweet, something baked, and something cold.
A low-carb breakfast casserole perfect for sharing.
- 2 lbs (900 g) of sausage
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, to cook the sausage with
- 2 zucchinis, grated (squeeze excess water out)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (480 ml) coconut cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley (for garnish or decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Cut the sausage up and then cook it in the coconut oil. Break into small pieces and cook until browned.
- Fill a large casserole dish with the sausage and zucchini and season with some salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut cream together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and zucchini mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top for garnish and serve. Freeze leftovers in individual packages so that you can just reheat a serving in the morning and enjoy.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 562
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 17 g