Share these brownie muffins and they are sure to be a hit.
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut cream (from the top of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) almond milk
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons (36 g) chia seeds, ground (use a coffee grinder or a good blender)
- 1/2 cup erythritol + stevia, to taste
- 1/2 cup (48 g) unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (2 oz or 60 g) walnuts, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool a little (else it will scramble the eggs).
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, coconut cream and almond milk together. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, ground chia, erythritol, and cacao powder together. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Once the coconut oil is cool enough, whisk it into the egg mix and then add the egg mix into the almond flour mix. Combine well and divide between 8 parts of a greased muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into one comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before carefully removing them by running a sharp knife around the edges.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g