We love a good bolognaise and know you (and your guest) will too!
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g), peeled and minced
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 3/4 can (300 g) of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (240 ml) of beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon (0 g) of dried oregano
- 12.5 oz zoodles or 3 zucchinis (360 g), spiralized
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the ground beef and increase the heat, cooking the beef until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, beef broth, and dried oregano. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook partially covered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Once all the liquid has cooked down, remove the pan from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare the zoodles by placing a dash of water into a large pan over high heat. Add the zoodles and cooking until all the moisture in the pan has evaporated and the zucchinis have cooked through (this won’t take longer than a minute or two.) Season with salt.
- Serve the bolognaise with the cooked zoodles and garnish with parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g