No pastry makes this beef wellington Keto and delicious.
For the Duxelles:
- 3 large button mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Make the duxelles by blending the mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, and olive oil together until pureed.
- Then heat the mixture in a pan for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Place a large piece of cling-film onto the counter and place the slices of prosciutto side-by-side (overlapping slightly) to form a rectangular layer.
- Spread the duxelles over the prosciutto layer.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 Tablespoon of salt over the filet mignon.
- Pan-sear the filet mignon in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spread the 1 Tablespoon of mustard on the seared filet mignon and place in the middle of the prosciutto and duxelles layer.
- Use the cling-film to wrap the prosciutto around the filet mignon. Then wrap the cling-film around the package to secure it. Use a second piece of cling-film to pull the prosciutto-wrapped package tighter together. Place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cling-film from the refrigerated prosciutto-wrapped beef and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (it should be pink when you cut into it).
- To serve, carefully cut the Beef Wellington in half.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1/2 of a Beef Wellington
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 50 g
- Protein: 30 g