- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 ml)
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped (56 g)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (110 g)
- 13 white button mushrooms, finely chopped (130 g)
- 2/3 lb of ground beef (297 g)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (2 g)
- 3 medium bell peppers (360 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the top off the bell peppers and remove all seeds. Lightly brush olive oil on the entire pepper, inside and out. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon, keeping as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the oil and cook until soft. Then add the beef and paprika. Cook until the beef is browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the beef mixture into the bell peppers.
- Place the peppers on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g