Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Dinner Recipes » Keto Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Keto Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This fun dinner is as pleasing to the taste buds as it is to the eye. You won’t regret this colorful, healthy, protein-infused addition to the dinner table!
This is a recipe you can change up each time you make it. As you’ll see, people make stuffed peppers differently depending on where they’re from. I decided to make my keto beef stuffed peppers recipe after experimenting with the food I had to use up in my fridge (this is a great leftover food recipe)!
You could enjoy this stuffed pepper recipe with a batch of keto hummus and some veg sticks.
A World of Different Flavors
There are seemingly endless variations on the simple stuffed pepper. In the U.S., they are typically stuffed with ground beef and either breadcrumbs or rice.
That mixture is often combined with tomato sauce and topped with cheese. The keto beef stuffed pepper recipe I’m sharing is a bit off the beaten path, but it’s similarly delicious.
I include mushrooms in the mix – not unlike Denmark’s take on stuffed peppers, which also uses mushrooms, as well as bulgur and kale.
Continuing our journey to Hungary, you’ll find that their stuffed bell pepper sports ground meat, rice, and paprika. Let me tell you, they are onto something with the paprika. You won’t want to forget to add it to your dish.
Moving on to Mexico, you might eat chile rellenos, which consists of poblano pepper stuffed with carnitas meat and topped with cheddar cheese. Feel free to take a cue from Mexico and use a different kind of meat for your stuffing.
Things get interesting in India. Spiced mashed potatoes are the norm in their stuffed peppers, along with meat and onion.
If you’re missing the texture of rice, try adding cauliflower rice. Similarly, if you’re a big fan of tomato sauce you could use diced tomatoes or a sugar-free keto-friendly sauce.
Bottom line, don’t be afraid to experiment – and if you come up with something amazing, be sure to report back and let me know!
If you want a more traditional stuffed bell pepper recipe, then why not try these rice and feta-filled peppers? You could always switch out the rice for cauliflower rice for a keto-friendly alternative.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 ml)
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped (56 g)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (110 g)
- 13 white button mushrooms, finely chopped (130 g)
- 2/3 lb of ground beef (297 g)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (2 g)
- 3 medium bell peppers (360 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the top off the bell peppers and remove all seeds. Lightly brush olive oil on the entire pepper, inside and out. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon, keeping as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the oil and cook until soft. Then add the beef and paprika. Cook until the beef is browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the beef mixture into the bell peppers.
- Place the peppers on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g