Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Breakfast Recipes » Keto Mini Frittata Recipe [Paleo, Dairy-Free] – Keto Egg Muffins
Keto Mini Frittata Recipe [Paleo, Dairy-Free] – Keto Egg Muffins
This keto mini frittata recipe makes the perfect snack when you’re on the ketogenic, low carbohydrate, or Paleo diet. They’re often also called egg muffins, egg bakes or mini quiches.
They’re filling, nutritious, and delicious. Make a large batch of these and store in your fridge or freeze. Reheat for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack.
For a bunch of keto quiche recipes take a look at our list.
What’s the Difference between Frittatas and Quiches?
These names are often used interchangeably, but traditionally there have been a few differences:
- Quiches have a crust (although you can also make crust-less quiches).
- Frittatas don’t have a crust.
- Quiches use a custard filling made usually with eggs and heavy cream.
- Frittatas have a less creamy filling.
And when you make mini versions of frittatas and quiches, they’re often also just called egg muffins for ease.
How To Make Keto Egg Muffins?
Ingredients in Keto Egg Muffins:
Most keto egg muffin recipes use some variation of these ingredients:
- Vegetables (chopped up),
- Some form of cream (heavy cream, milk, or coconut cream for dairy-free options),
- Eggs (of course), and
- Some form of meat (like bacon, ham, turkey).
Cheese is also often added to egg muffins or used as a topping, but for dairy-free keto egg muffins, you can just omit them.
How to cook Keto Egg Muffins:
It’s easiest to just bake them. But here are some tips for cooking them:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Use a cocktail stick to check that the middle of the egg muffins aren’t liquidy anymore.
- Use muffin liners or silicon muffin pans to make sure the muffins don’t stick to the pan. Check out this post for more information about how to prevent your keto egg muffins from sticking.
- Using muffin liners can also make the keto egg muffins easier to store and to take with you on the go.
To get you started on making this keto mini frittata recipe follow the instructions below for an easy and delicious snack.
Keto Bacon Asparagus Mini Frittatas Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C). Then, place all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
You can cook the bacon first if you want a crispier texture.
And make sure to chop your asparagus into small pieces so they cook more easily in the oven.
Whisk everything together well in the mixing bowl.
Fill a muffin pan with the mixture. Try to make sure the mixture is equally distributed so that there’s roughly equal amounts of bacon and asparagus in each muffin.
This recipe below makes 12 keto egg muffins. I would highly recommend using a silicon muffin pan or using muffin liners to prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven. Poke a cocktail stick into the middle of one of the muffins to make sure the middle isn’t gooey anymore.
If you omit the potato from this full-sized frittata recipe, you can create a whole meal for the family to share.
- 1 cup chopped asparagus (approx. 7–8 spears)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onions
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk (from can)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Cook the diced bacon in a pan.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables, cooked bacon, whisked eggs and coconut milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups (makes 12 mini quiches).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the middle of the muffins isn’t liquidy anymore.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Serving Size: 3 muffins
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 19 g