A delicious salad celebrating Keto’s best-loved ingredient: the avocado.
- 1/4 red onion (28 g), thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of red wine vinegar
- 1 large avocado (200 g), peeled and halved
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small-medium tomato (90 g), sliced
- 2 cups (225 g) of iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) of white wine vinegar
- snipped chives, to garnish
- Combine the red onions and red wine vinegar in a small bowl and leave to pickle while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Squeeze lemon juice over both halves of the avocado and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the avocado halves onto two plates. Divide the sliced tomatoes and lettuce between the two plates.
- In a small bowl, mix the wholegrain mustard, olive oil, and white wine vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the plates. Divide the pickled red onions between the two plates and garnish with chives.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1 g