- Melt the 4 Tablespoons of ghee in a large pan.
- Add in the pork chops. Using tongs, position the pork chops on its side so that the fat cooks in the ghee first. This makes browns and renders the fat a bit. Then once the fat is a bit crispy and browned, lay the pork chops flat in the ghee.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Check using a meat thermometer that the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 F (63 C). When you cut into the pork chops, you’ll find it has a medium rare pink inside. If you prefer your pork chops more cooked, then just leave it in there for longer.
- Meanwhile, mix the applesauce, melted ghee, and mustard together well.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 34 g