Keto Apple Dijon Pork Chops Recipe
Fall’s brisk weather just begs for comfort food like this warm and delicious pork chops recipe. The apple Dijon flavor is simply the perfect match for pork.
If this keto apple dijon pork chops recipe has you thinking about other meals you could make with this yummy meat, then look no further!
There is a Place for Applesauce on a Keto Diet
As you may well know, store-bought applesauce can be swimming with sugar. Not exactly conducive to reaching ketosis.
But I’ve done the hard work for you and figured out the macros. The little bit of applesauce in this keto apple Dijon pork chop recipe adds just a hint of sweetness to the Dijon without harming your diet.
If you’re still skeptical, you have a couple of options. First, you can purchase unsweetened applesauce (which you should do anyway).
Second, if you want to slash sugar even more, you can make your own applesuce. Pick up some Bramley apples and cook them in a pan with a dash of water and lemon juice. Cook until they’re completely softened, cool, and then blitz with some ghee to create a smooth sauce.
What to Serve With Pork Chops
You have a lot of options for side dishes with these pork chops. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Bacon Green Beans
- Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Salad
- Cucumber Salad
If you do need a traditional mustard, apple pork recipe, then take a look at this one.
- Melt the 4 Tablespoons of ghee in a large pan.
- Add in the pork chops. Using tongs, position the pork chops on its side so that the fat cooks in the ghee first. This makes browns and renders the fat a bit. Then once the fat is a bit crispy and browned, lay the pork chops flat in the ghee.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Check using a meat thermometer that the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 F (63 C). When you cut into the pork chops, you’ll find it has a medium rare pink inside. If you prefer your pork chops more cooked, then just leave it in there for longer.
- Meanwhile, mix the applesauce, melted ghee, and mustard together well.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 34 g