Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Cookie Recipes » Keto Almond Butter Cookie Dough
Keto Almond Butter Cookie Dough
Everyone knows that half the fun of making cookies is eating the dough. From the classic cookie dough ice cream to cookie dough in an ice cream cone, cookie dough is everywhere lately. These cookie doughs can be packed with sugar, carbs, and all sorts of preservatives. So, is it possible to find a cookie dough that won’t knock you out of ketogenesis? Yes! With our Keto almond butter cookie dough, anything is possible! And you don’t have to worry, there’s no eggs in this cookie dough so it’s safe for everyone. This cookie dough comes together in a flash, so what are you waiting for? Get mixing and enjoy!
When Did the Cookie Dough Craze Start?
Cookies have been around since the 7th century A.D. but edible cookie dough became popular much, much more recently. In 1984, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream shop, brand new at the time, mixed unbaked cookie dough into vanilla ice cream based on an anonymous suggestion from a patron. The flavor became incredibly popular and it quickly spread to other ice cream shops across the country.
It’s hard to say exactly when cookie dough made the jump from ice cream mix-in to dessert in its own right, sometime in the mid to late 2010s. Suffice to say, these days you can find everything from cookie dough dip, to an ice cream parlor-style shop serving scoops of cookie dough in NYC. Experts agree, the popularity of cookie dough is mostly nostalgia, who didn’t sneak a taste from the bowl growing up.
Customize Your Cookie Dough
This Keto cookie dough is delicious in its own right, but it also makes an excellent blank canvas for endless cookie dough variations. Read on for just a few suggestions. Just remember that any additions may change the nutritional values so use your mix-ins wisely!
- Snickerdoodle – To the basic dough, add a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to taste
- Chocolate Chip – To the basic dough, add a tablespoon of chopped Keto-friendly chocolate or cacao nibs
- Ginger Snap – To the basic dough, add a quarter teaspoon dry ginger or a pinch of grated fresh ginger to taste. For an added kick, add a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper!
- Luscious Lemon – Replace half of the vanilla extract with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest
- Almond Joy – To the basic dough, add a tablespoon each of chopped toasted almonds and unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- Brownie Batter – To the basic dough, add cacao powder to taste. Optionally, add a tablespoon of chopped nuts for texture
Craving Cookies? Low-Carb Recipes You’ll Love.
Cookie dough is great but sometimes you crave the crunch of a cookie. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
Keto-friendly cookie dough you can eat with a spoon!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place into small bowls or ramekins and enjoy with a spoon.
All nutritional date are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g