- Pour the can of diced tomatoes into a small saucepan.
- Fill the can with water and empty the water into the saucepan as well. Add the herbs and star anise and keep the saucepan on a low simmer over very low heat for 1 hour.
- Stir often to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove the star anise.
- Allow to cool, then blend into a smooth sauce in a food processor or blender. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for no longer than 4 days.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 9
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g