Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Fish Recipes » 3-Ingredient Creamy Keto Salmon “Pasta” Recipe (Dairy-Free)
3-Ingredient Creamy Keto Salmon “Pasta” Recipe (Dairy-Free)
Don’t pine for pasta just because you’re on a keto diet! This simple three-ingredient keto salmon “pasta” recipe provides the perfect stand-in for pasta (zucchini) that’s so good it’ll trick your taste buds.
Get your taste buds in a tangle with all of these keto pasta recipes – sure to make the pasta-free lifestyle so much easier!
Health Benefits of Salmon
Fish has many health benefits that a lot of people, unfortunately, miss out on. Salmon, in particular, is a superstar.
Here are a few of the perks of eating this fish:
- Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are heart healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids cut down on your triglycerides, reduce blood pressure and help prevent blood clots.
- Continuing on the heart health theme, salmon is high in potassium, which also helps lower blood pressure.
- Eating salmon may well cut down on inflammation, according to a pair of studies that tracked inflammatory markers in the bloodstream.
- Salmon is also packed with protein, which among other things can help with weight loss.
- The fish is also an excellent source of B vitamins. That’ll help keep your energy up!
- Studies are also finding that frequent salmon consumption is good for your brain. Salmon seems to reduce anxiety and depression, decrease memory loss and protects fetal brain health during pregnancy.
- Salmon is also low in mercury, making it a good staple if you’re a frequent fish eater or if you’re pregnant.
As you can see, there are a ton of reasons to up your salmon intake – but you still need to be careful. Food safety agencies around the world urge consumers to take these simple measures to protect yourself and your family.
Before starting preparation on this keto salmon “pasta” recipe, make sure the fish has been frozen before you eat it. If you’re not sure, you can throw it in your own freezer and thaw immediately before cooking.
You should also cook the salmon to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). That’s it! Now relax and enjoy your dinner!
If you are including dairy in your keto diet, then you might like this recipe here.
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (30 ml), to cook with
- 8 oz of smoked salmon (224 g), diced
- 2 zucchinis (240 g), spiraled or use a peeler to make into long noodle-like strands
- 1/4 cup of mayo (60 ml)
- In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the smoked salmon and sauté until slightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini “noodles” to the skillet and sauté until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mayo to the skillet, stirring well to combine.
- Divide the “pasta” between 2 plates and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 21 g