Easy Keto Pepperoni Meatballs Recipe
These easy Keto pepperoni meatballs are a fun twist on basic cocktail meatballs. A healthy amount pepperoni in the meatball mixture adds smoke, spice and a little salt. These distinctively flavored meatballs would be a welcome addition to any game day feast or neighborhood potluck.
What’s the Story with Pepperoni?
With a name that sounds as Italian as Giuseppe, you would be forgiving for thinking that pepperoni originated in Italy. Actually, though the name comes from the Italian word for ‘red pepper,’ there is no Italian pepperoni. It is an American creation, invented by Italian-Americans in the early 1900s.
Pepperoni is traditionally made with a combination of beef and pork flavored with spices and then cured. It can also be made with beef alone or even with turkey. Pepperoni has been the most popular pizza topping in the United States for years and it is also commonly enjoyed in sandwiches, on crackers, or straight out of the package!  If you really love meat, listen to our podcast episode on how to go Carnivore!
Get Fancy with It
Who says meatballs have to be basic and why stop at pepperoni? Check out these tasty variations and serving suggestions and you’ll never have boring meatballs again. Just remember to be mindful of your nutritional values when playing around with a recipe.
- Make these meatballs with chicken and top with Keto BBQ sauce for a spicy and sticky bite, at home at any football viewing party.
- Make these with beef and try a Keto version of my grandmother’s famous sweet and sour meatballs by mixing ½ cup Keto ketchup, 2 tablespoons each rice vinegar and low-carb raspberry jam and horseradish to taste. Mix until combined and add to cooked meatballs in an oven-safe dish. Warm in oven and serve. Make sure there’s someone to share these will because you’ll want to eat the whole batch!
- Grab some low-carb bread and make Keto meatball sliders.
- The possibilities are endless!
Meatballs for All
Can’t get enough meatballs? We’ve got you covered. There’s a low-carb meatball for every mood. Check out more Keto meatball recipes below.
These pepperoni meatballs are perfect for popping.
- 1 lb (445 g) ground beef or chicken
- 1/4 lb (110 g) pepperoni slices, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mix the ground beef, ground pepperoni, and egg together.
- Form small meatballs from the mixture.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Place cocktail sticks through them and serve as an appetizer or enjoy with some hot sauce or Keto BBQ sauce as a mains.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 0 g
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 27 g