This easy dish brings the flavors of Africa to your meal.
- 2 lbs (1 Kg) of lamb shoulder, diced
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of cinnamon powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of paprika
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of olive oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (400 g)
- 1/4 cup (40 g) whole almonds
- 3 cups (720 ml) of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (4 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (4 g), chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (9 g), peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss the lamb with salt and pepper and all the dry spices.
- Add olive oil to a large pot and brown the lamb and onions.
- Add in the tomatoes, almonds, and broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 hours with the lid on.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste, and sprinkle with the chopped herbs for garnish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g.
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g