- 1/4 (60 ml) of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) of pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (32 g) of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (8 g) of flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat one teaspoon (5 ml) of the olive oil in a small frying pan.
- Add the pine nuts and chopped garlic into the frying pan and gently fry for a few minutes until lightly golden. Place them on a plate and let cool for a few minutes.
- Then place the basil, parsley, nutritional yeast flakes, the remaining olive oil, toasted pine nuts and garlic, and lemon juice into a mini food processor or blender and blend until a smooth pesto forms. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for no longer than 4 days. Makes 1 x 4oz (120g) pot
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g