- 1 lb pork tenderloin, slice into small cubes (approx. 1/2-inch width)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning (or other seasoning of your choice)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Equipement: 10-15 bamboo skewers, 4-inch length
- Before using the bamboo skewers, soak them in room temperature water for at least 2-3 hours.
- To make the marinade, mix together the olive oil, seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a ziplock bag. Place the pork cubes into the bag, seal it, shake it up, and store in the fridge overnight or, if you’re in a rush, for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Drip off the marinade before placing the meat onto the skewers, then pack the slices tight onto the skewers.
- Place your skewers into the oven (place a pan under them to catch any drippings).
- Cook for 15 minutes and then turn the skewers over and cook for another 5 minutes (check the pork is fully cooked with internal temperature of at least 145 F).
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g