Roasted Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Recipe [Dairy-Free]
Running out of keto side dishes? This roasted cheesy keto cauliflower recipe will not disappoint.
Not Your Average Cauliflower
Some of you might be rolling your eyes and saying you’ve had enough of cauliflower.
Trust me, try this recipe and you won’t want to stop eating cauliflower.
It’s easy to get cauliflower fatigue on keto because so many recipes call for cauliflower rice. While that’s all well and good, sometimes you just get tired of eating the same thing all the time.
I hear you, but this recipe is different. This one’s got some fat and flavor added in to make this go-to veggie a bit more enticing.
How This Cauliflower Recipe is Different
This recipe came to be because I was in your shoes. When doing the shopping one day, I noticed cauliflower was on sale…but I was so tired of cauliflower rice and snacking on raw cauliflower.
The frugal side of me won out, and I brought it home vowing to do something different with it. As fate would have it, bacon was also on sale, which sparked an idea.
While I could have just thrown the bacon in the pan with the cauliflower, I thought I could do a little better than that.
I tapped another player I’ve been using a lot lately – nutritional yeast.
I read an article recently about how cheese is one of the most addictive foods. I can relate to that because when I stopped eating dairy I did not stop loving cheese.
That’s why I was delighted to learn about nutritional yeast flakes. There is nothing dairy about this curious yellow ingredient, but it somehow gives things a cheesy flavor.
Getting back to this recipe, I thought nutritional yeast would make a great partner with cauliflower. I mixed the yeast with a little oil to coat the cauliflower.
I paired that with chopped raw bacon and put it all in the oven on a baking sheet. This has the obvious bonus of not suffering those little “bacon burns” you get when cooking bacon on the stove.
The end result is a cheesy flavored cauliflower showered with bacon bits. The cauliflower gets that great nutty flavor by roasting it with oil…it’s just magic.
More Keto Side Dishes
If you like creative side dishes like I do, you’re always scouting for new recipes.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite keto side dishes for you. Try them out – I’m sure you’ll be glad you did!
Enjoy this easy, cheesy, side dish without the dairy.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 head of cauliflower (600 g), broken into florets
- 6 slices (168 g) of bacon, chopped small
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk the olive oil and nutritional yeast in a small bowl.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and pour over the oil. Use clean hands to toss the cauliflower.
- Spread the cauliflower on a roasting tray. Scatter over the chopped, raw bacon and place the tray in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes, rotating the tray and stirring the cauliflower halfway through.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g