For the cauliflower rice
- 0.5 head of cauliflower (300 g), food processed into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (30ml)
- Salt to taste
For the loco moco
- 0.5 lb of ground beef (225 g)
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) onion powder
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 onion (55 ml), peeled and sliced
- 5 white button mushrooms (50 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped for garnish
To make the cauliflower rice:
- Add coconut oil to a hot pan and cook the food processed cauliflower pieces until slightly tender. Season with salt to taste.
To make the loco moco:
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper and form into two burger patty shapes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a frying pan (or you can grill these) and cook the patties on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- In the same pan, add 2 more tablespoons of coconut oil and sauté the sliced onions until they turn translucent. Add the garlic and mushrooms into the pan and increase the heat slightly to caramelize the mixture.
- Then add the beef broth and simmer to reduce.
To make the fried eggs:
- In the meantime, heat the 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil in a separate pan and fry the two eggs to your liking.
- Serve the burger patty over the cauliflower rice (on which you have spooned the gravy) and top with the fried egg and parsley.
- Calories: 915
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 84 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 29 g