027: Lily Nichols on Real Food Keto and Pregnancy
Lily Nichols has used her knowledge as a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator and best selling author to help tens of thousands of women manage their gestational diabetes.
In this episode, Lily Nichols talks about:
- Do expecting mothers need to count macronutrients?
- How low carb should someone go when pregnant?
- Will a mother need to up her carbs after birth to be able to breastfeed?
- Can eating real food prevent someone from getting gestational diabetes?
- How should someone deal with cravings when pregnant, especially in the first trimester?
- Do you think that eating real foods can eliminate pregnancy symptoms like heartburn, forgetfulness and moodiness and morning sickness?
- What are the best foods to support a growing baby?
- Is it necessary to supplement during pregnancy if someone is already eating real food?
- Are there any supplements we should specifically avoid?
Where to find Lily: