007: Jimmy and Christine Moore on Real Food Keto, Nutrient Deficiencies, and MTHFR!
Jimmy Moore is an American blogger and author who is best known for his “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” blog and podcast, and more recently for his books on nutrition. He has appeared on television and radio programs promoting a high-fat, moderate protein, low carb diet plan. His popular weekly podcast, “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb”, has run over 1100 episodes featuring interviews with experts in diet, health, and fitness.
Christine Moore is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner helping people in the keto space find health. Through her own health battles, such as her diagnosis with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, she’s learned to use real foods to nourish her body and mind. She’s so passionate about helping others that she’s put her best tips and practices in her new book, Real Food Keto that just released November 6th!
Watch The Keto Summit Show On YouTube:
In this episode, Jimmy, Christine and Louise talk about:
- Jimmy and Christine’s very different health journeys.
- Why do we need to care about micronutrients and real food
- How to test for nutrient deficiencies
- Most common nutrient deficiencies
- How to find your carb tolerance level
- How to get started on a real foods Keto diet
- What is a MTHFR mutation and who should be tested?
- Quick tips for success with keto
Jimmy and Christine Moore
Want more on MTHFR? Listen to our podcast episode 023 with Carrie Brown.